Saturday, April 10, 2021

Minnesota Restaurant (미네소타 맛집) - Deli in Minneapolis/St Paul Area (미네아폴리스/세인트 폴 지역 델리)

미네소타 주 투윈시티에 있는 델리 방문기 (Review of Delis in the twin city area in Minnesota)


Bloomington (불루밍톤):

Deli Supreme
9728 S Lyndale Ave Bloomington MN 55420

I don't usually eat the Gyro, but I figure I will at least try once and ordered Italian Supreme ($6.99). It was a pleasant surprise. The sandwich on the flat bread was quite tasty and the fillings were generous. Other sandwiches ($5.95) weren't as good as Italian Supreme. 


Brooklyn Park (브루클린 팍):

Cajun Deli
8038 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445

This is not a deli by the conventional definition. It is a seafood place with Louisiana Cajun style.
When I walked in, there were 4 woman eating seafood with apron and disposable glove. I wasn't sure what to expect for this experience. I wasn't brave enough to try the peel and eat dishes and I ordered the catfish sandwich with onion ring ($6.99). The portion was quite big, but I wasn't sure of the taste. The spicy level is somewhat middle of the road and it didn't help to distinguish itself. On someday, I may try the peel and eat dishes.


Crazy Cajun
8578 Edinburgh Center Dr.  Brooklyn Park, MN 55443

This place is similar to Cajun Deli. You order the food at the counter and they bring them to your table.

We ordered the catfish basket ($10.99) and Butterfly Shrimp ($9.00). The foods were so dry without much taste. We do rarely not finish the food, but this was an exception. Compared with Cajun Deli, it was disappointment. We don't think we will be going back even though we did not try the peel and eat dishes.


Burnsville (번즈빌):

Blue Ox Sandwich Factory
14270 Buck Hill Rd #115 Burnsville, MN 55306

I was told by the staff that Sorry Babe ($6.99) is one of most popular item on the menu. It is the roast beef sandwich with bacon and blue cheese dressing. The meat was lean, but it was a little disappointment as a sandwich. I may try the place one more time for the chicken sandwich.

The price ($9.36 w/ drink and tax) was reasonable enough as a good alternative for the fast food places. It was somewhat crowded at the lunch time, but I was able to get the table without the wait. The restaurant was clean and the parking is not the problem. The restaurant is located next to the Burnsville shopping center.
 

Crystal (크리스탈):

King of Olympic Cafe
Address (주소):  6408 Bass Lake Rd, Crystal, MN 55428
Hours: 10 AM - Midnight except Thursday (영업시간: 오전 10시 - 자정, 목 휴일)

추천대로 메기 튀긴 것을 시켰는데 양은 무척 많은데 맛은 여러 사람들이 추천한만큼 좋은 것은 않니더군요. 닭고기를 먹어보려 한번은 더 들릴 예정입니다. 동네가 오래 된 곳 같은데 조심을해야하는지 모르겠습니다. 식당은 스트립 몰에 있는데 주차장은 건물 양쪽 끝에 있습니다.

With the recommendation, I have tried the catfish fillets. The portions are large, but it was not as good as some of the reviews. I maybe try one more time for the chicken dishes. I am not sure about the neighborhood, but it is in the strip mall with parking at the side of building.


Edina (이다이나):

Jason's Deli
7565 France Ave S., Edina, MN 55435

I usually hesitate to try the chain restaurants, but I wanted to try once since they claim the health conscious, piled-high sandwiches.

You order the food at the counter and they bring the food out to you. I ordered quarter size Muffuletta Ham N Chip ($6.29). They explained that Muffuletta is a Italian sandwich popular in New Orleans, Louisiana. I was not sure about the sandwich itself. It was not piled-high and the salad bar looked a lot better. I may try the salad bar next time.

There are large number of tables, but it was quite crowded at the lunch time. It took me few minutes to get a table. After you finish your food, you may help yourself for free small dish of ice cream. It is a nice touch.


Robbinsdale:

First Crack Cafe
Address (주소):  4080 W Broadway Robbinsdale, MN 55422
Hours: 7 AM - 3 PM (영업시간: 오전 7시 - 오후 3시)

It had very good review for the breakfast, but I stopped by for the lunch after the meeting. The cook said that it has been open less than a year.

I ordered the Seoul Reubin ($8.49) at the counter and I wanted to see how it is different with kimchi. The sandwich was served with fresh salad. I am not a fan of corned beef and the combination of kimchi and corned beef did not do anything to change my preference. However, I will try the place again since some of items on their menu are intriguing.

It is a small cafe with limited number of tables, but the service was prompt. This cafe is in the middle of strip mall, but hard to locate since you can not see the sign from the street. The front entrance faces Bottineau Blvd.
 

Shoreview:

The Winkin's Rooster
3600 Lexington Ave N. Shoreview, MN 55126

지역 상점들을 돕는다는 생각으로 오늘 처음 들렸습니다. Cubano와 닭/베이컨/아보카도 랩을 주문했는데 맛 있게 먹었습니다 (4/5*). 상점 안에 있는 메뉴판에는 "모든 메뉴 항목이 $ 7.50입니다" 라고 쓰여 있는데 요리사가 나중에 칩과 쿠키가 포함되어. 있으니 고르라고 알려 주더군요. 바베큐 칩이 맛있어요. 종업원들은 예의 바르고 친절했습니다. 다른 샌드위치를 먹어 보기 위해 다시 한번 들릴 것 같군요. 

작은 가게인데 코로나 예방 준수를 잘 따르드군요. 손님 나가자 곧 책상을 딱았습니다.  가게는 작은 스트립 몰에 있어 주차는 문제가 없었습니다.

there again sometime. today. Never been there before. Feel like it's important now more than ever to support small local businesses. The owners' (assume it was the owner anyways) daughter took my order and it was adorable.Prices are not listed on the menu except that "All Menu Items Are $7.50." I'll probably have another sandwich there again sometime. I had the chicken, bacon, avocado wrap and it was so yummy the people who took my order seemed super friendly.

It is a small restaurant and was following the COVID protocols as they cleaned the table as soon as the customer left. Since it is located in the strip mall, the parking was no problem.



St. Louis Park:

Nelson's Meat
6318 Minnetonka Blvd, St Louis Park, MN 55416

We have tried Taco special ($5.67 w/ tax). Beef taco was reasonable, but the steak taco was just dull. I will give it one more try. The sitting is very limited. While I was there, I think they had more customers at the meat counter than the sandwich counter. Not sure what it means.


Muffin Man Cafe
Methodist Hospital, St Louis Park, MN

We don't usually review the restaurants in the hospital, but their food is surprisingly good.
This is a little cafe in the Methodist hospital. The price is a little high compared to the similar restaurants in the hospitals, but it could be a good alternative if you don't want to leave the hospital while caring for the family.



St Paul:

Nelson Cheese & Deli
1562 Como Ave St Paul, MN 55108

I was told by the staff that St Paul Special ($6.50) is one of most popular item on the menu. It is the roast beef sandwich with spicy pastrami, hot pepper cheese and special source. It comes with lettuce, tomato, and onion. The meat was lean and the sandwich was generous and tasty.

On our second visit, we tried New Orleans ($6.50) and Happy Nut salad ($8.99/lb). New Orleans is a Cajun chicken sandwich with blue cheese dressing. Both sandwich and salad were fresh and very tasty.

This is a better alternative (both price and quality) to subway etc and it will be my go to place if I am around the area. This is the take out only restaurant and you should have a place nearby if you want to order the hot sandwich. Maybe plan for the picnic. Also the parking could be a problem.







No comments:

Post a Comment